Increase Your Knowledge of Meat Cuts and Specifications
June 18-20, 2019
Aloft College Station
College Station, TX
Beef, Veal, Pork, Poultry and Processed Meats -
Learn about the fundamentals of meat specifications at COP 2019
Center of the Plate Training is a lively learning experience that includes a detailed cutting demonstration of all the major center of the plate protein items: beef, veal, lamb, and pork, as well as sections on poultry and processed meats.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- The IMPS numbering system, purchasing options, and a knowledge of the meat items as described by the eighth edition Meat Buyers Guide.
- How standards keep products consistent, wholesome, and fair throughout the market.
- Common defects or inconsistencies in meat products that you should look for to prevent dissatisfied customers.
- How value is determined for meat products and how it is affected by quality parameters.
- The latest meat cuts, including previously undervalued muscles.
- Dr. Davey Griffin, Professor, Extension Meat Specialist, Meat Science Section, Department of Animal Science, Texas A&M University
- Dr. Jeff Savell, University Distinguished Professor, Meat Science, & E.M. “Manny” Rosenthal Chair in Animal Science, Texas A&M University
- Richard Lawson, National Poultry Supervisor, USDA/AMS
- Representatives from producer group organizations.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
This class will benefit anyone involved in the buying and selling of meat products- from meat processors to foodservice distributors to retailers and restaurants. Class information can benefit purchasing agents, sales team, product development personnel and others looking to increase their knowledge of meat cuts and specifications.