What is the Southeastern Meat Association?
The Southeastern Meat Association is an organization of persons, firms or corporations who are meat and/or poultry packers, processors or distributors, and firms furnishing services or supplies to the packers, processors and distributors.
What are the Goals of the Southeastern Meat Association?
- To foster, improve and develop the full potential of all members and to affiliate with groups whose interests are in agreement with its own.
- To promote rules, regulations and legislation advantages to the meat industry.
- To protect its members from unethical and unfair competition and to advance the memberships welfare and help build a healthy climate for the industry's benefit.
- To meet the educational needs of the membership by working with the state universities represented in the association.
- To provide its members with timely information about any issues or developments affecting the meat and poultry industry.
Membership in the Southeastern Meat Association is of two types:
- Regular Membership: Persons, firms or corporations who are meat and/or poultry packers, processors or distributors.
- Associate Membership: Firms or corporations furnishing services or supplies to regular members.
The Southeastern Meat Association is guided through the leadership of the elected officers and directors.
The Board of Directors consists of a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Executive Director and elected directors. The immediate Past President serves as an ex officio member of the board.
The Board of Directors meets several times a year to discuss industry problems, plan industry action and guide the association.
Download the SEMA Brochure
Southeastern Meat Brochure (Revised 2022).pdf